Commonly Asked Questions about CDL Training

We are sure you have a lot of questions about getting your CDL and new career. United Truck Driving School understands the questions and concerns you might have about CDL training. We have assembled a list of the most frequently asked question about our CDL training programs to assist you.

Each student’s tuition will depend on the training program you pick and if you qualify for financial aid options. To learn more visit our financial aid webpage.
Full-time class schedules will begin every other Monday depending on your campus. For more information and class start dates please check out our event webpage.
United has locations in San Diego, CA and Riverside CA. Both campuses offer all of our CDL training programs. To contact a specific location check out our location webpage.
United offers many different CDL training programs. Depending on which program you choose will determine the length of your training. To learn more please explore our CDL Training pages.
United offers Job Placement assistance for careers in the trucking industry for its students and graduates in good standing with the school. We partner with several trucking company recruiters who routinely visit our campuses. We can also help with interviews, resumes, and the application processes. Visit our Job Placement webpage for more information.
To get started, please fill out the form on this page and one of our Admissions Representatives will contact you. You may also call to speak to a representative at the campus you are interested in. Learn more by visiting our Contact Us page.
No, at this point and time, neither our San Diego or Riverside Campuses provide housing options for students.
Tuition reimbursement is a payment option where trucking companies offer to pay back employees for education expenses. Usually, the tuition is paid out on a monthly basis as long as the driver remains employed at the company. We work with many trucking companies that offer tuition reimbursement. For more information, you can visit our Tuition Assistance webpage
Yes. United Truck Driving School is proud to participate in VA Educational programs that aid veterans, active duty military and even spouses and dependents in obtaining their California CDL. Visit our Veteran Assistance webpage for more information.
No. Actually, most of our students rarely have any prior truck driving experience.
A Class A CDL training prepares students to land entry-level jobs as commercial truck drivers who will be able to drive over-the-road (OTR), regional, or local. A Class B CDL allows you to drive a single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000 pounds such as a tow truck, dump truck, delivery truck, or a utility truck.
United Truck Driving School's CDL Training has always met FMCSA training standards. As a result, our students can expect the same great training we have always provided.
  • Obtaining a Class A or Class B CDL for the first time
  • Upgrading an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL
  • Getting a school bus (S), passenger (P), or hazardous materials (H) endorsement for the first time.
We can answer
your questions!


By clicking above, I consent to receive telephone calls and text messages from United Truck Driving School containing information a the number above about their programs. I understand that the calls and messages may be initiated with automated equipment and that I am not required to provide this consent to be eligible to enroll.