The good news is truckers are currently in really high demand. Per the American Trucking Association (ATA) we’re short somewhere in the range of 50,000 to 100,000 truckers on the road. The better news is CDL school is extremely affordable compared to traditional university education. The best news is that a career as a truck driver can dramatically impact your life in a positive way.
5 Ways a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Can Improve Your Life
- The Paycheck: We’re not beating around the bush here. Over-the-road (OTR) drivers can make up to $40,000 to $50,000 in their first year.
- The Experience: With trucking, you get to travel and see the country. Not only that, but you also get to set a majority of your own schedule.
- The Benefits: Every company is different, but many freight companies offer really solid benefits including health insurance, life insurance, retirement savings and more.
- Are You Mechanical?: If you’re into mechanic work as a hobby you’ll definitely enjoy the chance to work with big rigs. These are huge pieces of machinery. Just think how great it would be to know the ins and outs of the truck you drive.
- It’s a Solo Gig. Mostly: As a trucker, you can always pick the music you listen to, the food you eat and when you stop and go. If you are a strong-headed individual, don’t worry, no more compromises with this job.
Here at United Truck Driving School, our job is training qualified CDL drivers for the opportunity of a lifetime! The pay is great, the opportunities are endless, and every day on the road is a real adventure. If you’d like to learn more about CDL school in southern California contact us today!